Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank Heaven For Little Boys

I have always been the type of person who always tries to look on the brightside of things. I have been blessed with 9 (yes I said 9)handsome and healthy nephews. The ninth came yesterday, two months early and only weighing in at 4.1 pounds. As i sat in the nicu i sat there and thanked god for giving us this wonder gift. then though he is so little he is doing well and as of last night was not on any oxogen on any other help. Then for some reason i began to worry. Autism is found mostly in boys. I have nine young boys in my family. I am not saying that if any one of them was to be diagonsed with autism i would be mad or embrace it. But what i am saying is this is not a huge worry in a family. If any one of my little guys had some type of disablity i would fight so hard for them. I would be the one infront of the state house fighting for funding. my little men are my world. the reson i get up in the morning. For some reason yesterday as i held the finger of that little peanut i made a prosime to him. That i would always fight for him no matter what. Now its just a waiting game. with autism many children do not show signs till about 18 months. I have 3 nephews under the age of 3. soon time will tell what is in store for them but one thing is for sure they will always be the light of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment